RSK France has over a decade of experience in all aspects of soil and groundwater investigation. We carry out investigations for many types of contaminants, including petroleum products, chlorinated solvents, heavy metals and other more unusual contaminants.
We work with a range of clients, from private individuals to large multinational companies, and tailor our advice to their specific objectives.
Our skills and expertise are based on extensive experience of managing contaminated land. The RSK France approach focuses on evaluating contamination risks while controlling remediation costs.
As a result, we provide the following services to fulfil our client’s environmental requirements:
- Phase 1 desktop studies, including
- Regulatory and historical background studies
- Environmental vulnerability assessments
- Phase 2 environmental site assessments, including
- Continuous health, safety and environmental supervision of site works
- Soil investigations: selecting the appropriate drilling technique and sampling for applicable potential contaminants
- Installing a network of groundwater monitoring wells and sampling
- Installing soil gas wells and sampling
- Interprétation de l’etat des milieux hors site (IEM) – off-site risk assessments
- Evaluation quantitative des risques sanitaires (EQRS) – detailed quantitative risk assessments
- Plan de gestion (PG) – soil and groundwater management and remediation action plans, including
- Volume estimates of the contaminated soil on-site
- Remediation options appraisals and strategies
- Comparative studies of remediation options
- Cost–benefit analyses
- Analyse de risque résiduel (ARR) – residual risk analyses.
RSK France will also assess your individual site requirements and propose cost-effective solutions. We are experts at advocating our strategies to the relevant authorities on your behalf. On numerous occasions, RSK France has negotiated with local authorities and has been able to save its clients significant expenditure on environmental surveillance, remediation costs, etc.