As a long-standing member of the “Union des Consultants et Ingénieurs en Environnement” (UCIE), RSK France understands your business and your concerns for contaminated land.
In 2015, our team achieved significant milestone: LNE Certificat n° 30523 révision 0 (Laboratoire National de Métrologie et d’Eessais) certification in organisation systems and procedures (standard NFX 31-620) for services in contaminated land.
Our skills and expertise are based on extensive experience of managing potentially contaminated sites. The RSK approach centres on assessing the site’s contamination risks while also controlling the remediation costs.
In dealing with contaminated land, we use the following tools and procedures:
- Phase 1 desktop studies, including
- Regulatory and historical background studies
- Environmental vulnerability assessments
- Phase 2 environmental site assessments, including
- Continuous health, safety and environmental supervision of site works
- Soil investigations: selecting the appropriate drilling technique and sampling for applicable potential contaminants
- Installing a network of groundwater monitoring wells and sampling
- Installing soil gas wells and sampling
- Interprétation de l’etat des milieux hors site (IEM) – off-site risk assessments
- Evaluation quantitative des risques sanitaires (EQRS) – detailed quantitative risk assessments
- Plan de gestion (PG) – soil and groundwater management and remediation action plans, including
- Volume estimates of the contaminated soil on-site
- Remediation options appraisals and strategies
- Comparative studies of remediation options
- Cost–benefit analyses
- Analyse de risque résiduel (ARR) – residual risk analyses.
Presentations of studies and projects to authorities and/or other stakeholders.